Traveling Tea Lectures - HOUSTON
Participants receive free door prizes and samples during a 5 hour HOUSTON bus tour. Guests learn about the history of tea while visiting a Texas garden, a tearoom and British shop. To appreciate Houston's tea craze, games and raffles are played during the day.
Arrive at Hermann Park Celebration Garden for tour of gardens and docent talk. Serve Tea and Savories Bus Talk: Growing Tea
Depart to British Isles Tea Shop Shopping: British china/ wares. Serve Tea and Sweets
Depart for Afternoon Tea at YOUR CUP OF TEA Tearoom* Bus Talk: Health Benefits of Tea
Depart for Heights Blvd Bus Stroll- See Victorian Era Homes and antique shopping Bus Talk: History of Victorian Tea
- Kindly advise of any wheelchair/ walker access needed for museum entrance.
- Reserve your dates early, deadline to change/finalize TOTAL participants on Friday prior to tour. [50% Deposit due at that time.]
- We assume no responsibility for transportation or venue facilities/equipment errors.
- This sample itinerary gives a suggested route (inside 610 loop).
- Price for senior groups are discounted to $16 pp (regular $19.95)
- Minimum of 20 guests, maximum of 40.
- Price includes museum donation, step-on guide, snacks, prizes and teas. Transportation is not included since most groups have a precinct bus or church van.
- LUNCH NOT INCLUDED.
Lunch at elegant tearoom $16+tax/tip=$18. We collect the $34 together prior to the tour. This allows us to go quicker during the tour and avoid lines at checkout. Lunch is served in traditional English courses:
- first course: fruit with cream or salad
- second course: tea sandwiches
- third course: dessert along with gourmet teas
All food allergies must be notified in writing by Friday deadline. We will advise the tearoom of these needs. *Tearoom venue (for lunch stop) depends on group size. After deadline, participant totals can not be modified.